|Senior Audit Manager (External Audit)|
* Ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
* Audit work and setting budgets - awareness of commercial aspects of clients business and impact on our work. Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
* Be aware of developments in compliance and how this impacts on our clients.
* Client billing.
* Organise staff on jobs, ensuring each individual is clear on expectations and timescales, is properly trained and receives constructive feedback. Ensure any shortages or excess workloads are identified and minimised.
* To ensure assessment forms are completed and feedback given to all staff on all jobs.
* Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
* Ensure appropriate in house and external training received personally.
* Prepare proposals for new work.
* Attend relevant marketing events.
* Present at seminars if required.
* Attend relevant client segment focus group meetings.
* Develop personal contacts.
* Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA)
* Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment.
* Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
* Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
* Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
* Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff and other professionals.
* Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
* Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
* Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.