|C# .Net Software Engineer / Software Developer|
Unum is looking for an experienced C# .NET Software Engineer to join our team based in Basingstoke. Our modern office is based 10 minutes' walk from the train station, although if you drive, we provide free parking on site. It is a permanent, full time job, which offers extensive on-going training opportunities. As a C#. Net Software Engineer you will be working in an Agile Scrum team building and/or configuring internal software. You will be responsible for the design, coding, testing, implementation and maintenance of existing and new software features.
What makes you suitable for C# .Net Software Developer role?
You will have to be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
• Ability to code using C# .Net, MS SQL, BizTalk ( desirable),
• Agile Development (scrum)
• Knowledge of Microsoft TeamFoundation Server (TFS)
• Experience in test driven development and Continuous integration
• Curiosity and willingness to take on more responsibilities and enjoy the challenges of developing new skills.
• Be proactive and resourceful, collaborative and a strong problem solver
What would C# .Net Software Developer do?
• You will be collaborating in an Agile team, communicating daily in stand ups Scrum Master, reporting on progress and impediments in daily stand ups.
• Participle in code reviews.
• Take part in sprint retrospectives
• Participate in sprint planning.
• Deliver change to tight deadlines. Demonstrate a working knowledge of software architecture patterns
• Working closely with User Experience, Solutions Architect test engineers, business analysts, solution architects and business representatives.
What we do:
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we're one of the UK's leading financial protection insurers. We sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance products to corporate clients via a network of intermediaries
We offer a salary of £ 30,000 - £40,000 , 36.25 hours, permanent + benefits (generous pension, income protection, flexible working, life insurance, critical illness cover, medical cover, dental cover, eye test, contribution to lenses, season ticket loan, gym membership contribution and much more!), 27 days holiday, free parking, bonus,
We offer fantastic collaborative culture, a modern working environment, as well as excellent opportunity to develop yourself! If you are ambitious and proactive with your working style, then this role will be a great opportunity for you to improve your skills and develop more skills!
This is a great opportunity to work for a global organisation that looks after their employees, offering a great work-life balance, generous benefits, career opportunities and friendly, transparent and open culture of integrity.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button.